Welcome to the XCFL

Start your virtual Coaching career in the best damn Madden league around!
We are MORE then just another Franchise. We are MORE then a content based league.
We are a Community and a Family of like minded ballers.
Are You Ready to Join?

By Dave Leon on Mar 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM
  1. Dave Leon

Dave Leon Legend
    Legend Donor

Reputations:
    pic.jpg

Welcome to this year's first edition of NY Jets Helmet Stickers, where i spotlight the top performers of the latest New York Jet victory.

The Jets have really surpassed expectations thus far. I never would have thought the Jets would be .500 at the quarter mark, but here we are. After two lousy games in weeks 1 and 2, the Jets have given me several players to consider in back to back weeks. There are quite a few players I’d like to spotlight here, but I had to narrow it down to three.

Gold: Keron Shade (5 TAK, 2 TFL, 1 SACK, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 DEFL)

While Shade didn’t post crazy tackles numbers, he had another excellent game against the Carolina Panthers. In addition to recording a sack and disrupting multiple plays, Keron Shade filled the right holes and played an all around great game. He was mostly responsible for a poor throw that led to the interception by Eric Reid, which helped the Jets widen the margin. On top of that, he had a spectacular play where he flattened Christian McCaffrey, causing him to fumble, and then he recovered the fumble.

Silver: Marcus Maye (6 TAK, 1 SACK, 1 FF 1 DEFL)
    Maye hasn’t gotten all the recognition like some of the other safeties throughout the league, but he’s quietly played really well so far. After a rough start, he’s been an excellent complement to our young safety BJ Vlachos. Against the Panthers, he caught an INT in the redzone and helped hold the Panthers to only 10 points before a late game hiccup.

Bronze: Nate Lorig (108.4 RATING, 209 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT)
    I think everyone has to give it up for Nate Lorig. In the last 2 games, Lorig has thrown for 619 yards and 5 TDs with only 2 ints, 1 in each game. This is a huge improvement from the 1st two season of his career where he threw 31 ints in both seasons. However this year he looks like a game manager and a more complete quarterback. The Panthers defense isn't what it used to be, but he threw 3 clutch TD passes to help secure the win in Carolina.

Next week the Jets face off against the Patriots. It'll be tough to extend the win streak to 3 games, but i think this squad is capable of doing it.

Here is the yearly total after week 4 (2 wins):

Nate Lorig (1 G, 0 S, 1B)

Keron Shade (1 G, 0 S, 0 B)

Brandin Cooks (0 G, 1 S, 0 B)

Marcus Maye (0 G, 1 S, 0 B)

BJ Vlachos (0 G, 0 S, 1 B)

#1 Dave Leon, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Team News' started by Dave Leon, Mar 9, 2018.