Welcome to the XCFL

Start your virtual Coaching career in the best damn Madden league around!
We are MORE then just another Franchise. We are MORE then a content based league.
We are a Community and a Family of like minded ballers.
Are You Ready to Join?

Falcons without their top runner for 5 weeks

Discussion in 'Team News' started by TheAlphaHEEL7, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TheAlphaHEEL7

Starter Donor Content Director

Aug 30, 2017
    It’s a new year, and it’s about that time again. What time is that, you might ask? Well it’s the time of the year when Devonta Freeman goes down with a torn shoulder for 4-6 weeks. It sounds like I’m being mean-spirited, but it’s really a way of hiding my displeasure and frustration for the for MVP. He is 29, and has one more year on his deal. He will be making almsot 9 million next year.

He started off the season on fire. First he torched the Panthers for 131 yards and 2 TDs. Then he did the same thing to Miami, only he had 147 yards and 2 TDs on only 9 carries. Then week 3 he gave the Cowboys (who are statistically the best rushing defense in the league) 114 yards and 2 more TDs. That’s what brings us to week 4. Just when it looked like he might be able to get another 100 yard game, he goes down with another injury to his shoulder.

This is going to be hard for me to say what I’m about to say. The Falcons need to move on from Freeman. It’s been 3 seasons since he has been able to stay healthy, and he is turning that dreaded “30.” We will see what happens, but I think Silver has had it with the injury bug and plans on drafting or signing a RB in the off season.
    steelerguy26, Semper I and NLars3 like this.